About QMI - SAI Global:
QMI - SAI Global was the first quality registrar in North America, and remains a leader in total management systems registrations. Since our founding in 1984, we have registered more than 11,000 manufacturing and service firms spanning a broad spectrum of industry sectors. More than 400 QMI - SAI Global audit professionals deployed across North America -- with focused customer support from a network of offices coast to coast -- make us a local source for registration services. Our experience and involvement equip us with in-depth technical knowledge, awareness of your specific business challenges, complete understanding of the standards you must meet, and insight into the practical application of those standards.
What standards does QMI - SAI Global register to?
QMI - SAI Global's registration services include the most important standards governing a wide range of businesses and industries. Available registrations include ISO 9001, TE Supplement, AS9100, AS9110, AS9120, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, RC 14001, RCMS, CSA Z809 SFM, SFI, Integrated Management Systems, ISO 22000, Food Safety (HACCP), USDA-NOP, FDA Audits, ISO 13485 (CMDCAS), CE Marking and more. We also specialize in automotive, aerospace, forestry, environmental and food safety sectors.
What is Risk Management Solutions?
Risk Management Solutions is QMI - SAI Global's answer to providing cost-effective plans which are focused on helping organizations reduce or eliminate at-risk opportunities within their supply chain, helping to ensure the security of an organization's international shipments, and providing that along the way an organization and their supply chain comply with corporate values, labor laws, and environmental/work safety compliance.
Our portfolio of products and risk assessment solutions can be tailored to fit a variety of industries, from manufacturing, retail, automotive, healthcare, nuclear, aerospace, to travel, transportation, and food.
What does QMI - SAI Global mean by "Advancing Business Excellence"?
QMI - SAI Global's focus as a registrar is to assist clients in using the registration process to make real and lasting improvements in their business operations. This focus reflects business trends of process-based auditing and the development of standards that concentrate on improving quality in customer focused operations. We understand that the goal of most businesses is not simply to receive an ISO or other registration certificate. Businesses want to improve efficiency, productivity, quality, return on investment, customer satisfaction ... and they want to reduce costs. The QMI - SAI Global audit staff is focused on rigorously validating business processes against applicable standards, and on understanding how compliance with those standards can improve on-site business practices.
QMI - SAI Global is a leading registrar... here's why:
QMI - SAI Global is synonymous with quality. We've been in the business as long as anyone else, and our reputation is second to none. Our customers chose us because they know we're a partner they can depend on, and they continue to stay with us each year because they value the insight that their auditor gives to their business. Registration is more than a certificate, it's the opportunity to make your business better ... and QMI - SAI Global partners with customers to ensure they receive the most out of their audits.
QMI - SAI Global's philosophy of advancing business excellence provides our customers with the following advantages
What are the advantages of working with North America's largest registrar?
- A perceptive, clear-thinking audit staff
- In-depth standards knowledge and technical expertise
- Extensive experience in their industries
- Sound, practical standards judgment
- Registration capabilities across a wide range of ISO and industry-specific standards
- Well-developed, efficient processes and procedures
- Local service from a network of offices and audit professionals
- An insider's role in standards development
- Emphasis on delivering value and return on investment to customers
Are training courses available to help me better understand my standard?
- QMI - SAI Global's tremendous resource network - from product managers to auditors to technical experts - provides the expertise that our customers have come to expect. When standards are re-written, QMI - SAI Global is one of the few, select registrars that is routinely asked to participate in the re-write process. Our registration services are regarded as among the finest in the industry.
- QMI - SAI Global certificates are well respected. When your customers see your QMI - SAI Global certificate hanging on your wall, they'll know that your company has successfully achieved registration through a thorough audit process that was conducted by the best auditors in the business.
- Our staff becomes a partner on your team.
- We work with you to pick an audit date that best meets your organization's needs.
- Through webinars and information sessions, we provide your employees with a means to stay abreast of industry information and obtain valuable training materials.
- We make every attempt to send the same auditor year after year. Our auditors then become more familiar with your business, thus facilitating a smooth audit process.
- When QMI - SAI Global's service delivery team focuses on understanding your company's goals, we tailor a program to meet your short-term objectives and make recommendations based on these objectives to drive long-term value. QMI - SAI Global's staff helps customers obtain a measurable return and quantifiable value from their management system, based on their definition of these goals.
- By offering opportunities for improvement, QMI - SAI Global auditors point out areas where you can improve your business processes.
QMI - SAI Global offers an extensive curriculum of training courses. Understanding your standard is critical to ensure that company operations remain compliant with standards and the full terms of certification are met. QMI - SAI Global training programs help ensure that initial improvements in operations are sustained and that opportunities for further improvement are recognized. To review a current course listing, visit our training courses
Does QMI - SAI Global provide local support for my registration?
Travel and associated expenses can represent a considerable portion of the total cost to obtain and maintain your registration. QMI - SAI Global has invested in the staff and regional presence necessary to minimize travel and other out-of-pocket expenses billed to you. More than 400 QMI - SAI Global auditors are located across North America. Supporting our audit staff are dedicated QMI - SAI Global service teams, providing focused customer support from a network of full-service offices. This extensive audit and service network ensures that support from QMI - SAI Global is available nearby.
QMI - SAI Global is North America's largest registrar; with such an extensive audit staff, we are able to provide local customer service in many markets. We believe this gives customers a competitive edge because of the broad-based and in-depth experience we can offer. At the same time, we make big seem small by continuing to offer friendly, personal service to exceed your expectations.
Can QMI - SAI Global service my global organization?
QMI - SAI Global delivers streamlined, coordinated certification services to efficiently serve companies operating in global markets. Exceptional project management processes and unique program management tools enable QMI - SAI Global to deliver the benefits of a single global certification body. This capability is particularly valuable to North American companies whose operations are expanding geographically because it enables those companies to obtain uniform registration services worldwide.
With significant investments in auditor training and program management tools, QMI - SAI Global provides world class global management system registration audits that not only address the unique language and cultural needs of local operations, but also focus on the benchmarking and corporate consistency requirements of a centrally managed global organization.
After I receive my certificate, how will QMI - SAI Global continue to support my organization?
A certificate is just one piece of the registration puzzle. When implemented properly, a registered management system can improve your business processes and the bottom line. QMI - SAI Global auditors offer customers "opportunities for improvement" by pointing out areas where their management system may be improved. We also share best practices.
Our experience in your industry allows us to recognize trends and understand your concerns. Our in-depth involvement with quality, environmental and occupational health and safety standards -- including participation on important standards technical committees -- enables us to keep you informed of changes or updates in the standards important to you.
We also keep your organization informed. We publish the QMI - SAI Global Brief three times a year, which provides customers with standards updates, industry news, sharing of best practices and more. We also offer customer information sessions throughout the year at various locations, where QMI - SAI Global managers and auditors will present on topics such as process-based auditing, integrated audits, internal auditing and more. Standard-specific information is also presented through interactive webinars that are hosted by certified product managers. While most registrars charge additional fees for the above information, QMI - SAI Global includes these services as part of our commitment to Advancing Business Excellence with our customers.
Is QMI - SAI Global qualified to register companies to standards for automotive and aerospace suppliers?
QMI - SAI Global is one of the few registrars accredited to perform audits against the standard in the automotive industry and the AS9100, AS9110 and AS9120 standards in aerospace. The QMI - SAI Global audit staff includes certified automotive and aerospace auditors who understand these industries and the rules and sanctioned interpretations of the standards that govern them.
What does accredited certification mean?
How can registration benefit my organization?
QMI - SAI Global is uniquely capable of helping your organization obtain the greatest benefit from the registration process. Organizations ranging from some of the world's largest corporations and government institutions striving for efficiency, to family businesses seeking to maintain their competitive niche in a global marketplace, have turned to QMI - SAI Global's registered management systems to continuously improve performance and profitability by:
What is a typical route to registration?
- Streamlining processes
- Decreasing scrap and rework
- Improving productivity
- Reducing costs
- Expanding production capacity
- Shortening cycle time
- Achieving higher part quality standards
- Extending process capability
- Increasing process flexibility
- Preparing for new product production
- Enhancing intercompany relationships
Rely on QMI - SAI Global's experience and knowledge for a smooth, efficient registration process. As part of our thorough process, we work closely with you to customize an ideal registration plan. Typical steps include:
Through which accreditation bodies is QMI - SAI Global certified?
- Proposal/quotation prepared
- Application accepted, auditor assigned
- Documentation reviewed (optional for ISO 9001)
- Pre-assessment initiated (optional for most standards)
- Registration audit completed
- Non-conformances cleared (if applicable)
- Registration reviewed, certificate issued
- Surveillance audits held
- Re-registration audit performed
QMI - SAI Global certificates are recognized and accepted worldwide. We are accredited by such highly respected organizations as the ANSI/ASQ National Accreditation Board of the USA (ANAB), the Standards Council of Canada (SCC), entidada mexicana de acreditacion a.c. (EMA), the International Automotive Oversight Bureau (IAOB) and other important governing bodies.
How do I obtain a quote for QMI - SAI Global's services?
to complete the Request a Proposal form, or click here
to find the contact information for the QMI - SAI Global Service Center nearest you and ask to speak with an account executive.
If I am a QMI - SAI Global customer and I have a question about my audit or related activities, whom do I ask?
Questions can be addressed to either your lead auditor or your nearest QMI - SAI Global Service Center's client services department. Click here
for a list of service centers.