With growing competitiveness, and higher expectations from customers and the global marketplace, organizations are under increasing pressure to demonstrate their status as good corporate citizens and suppliers with effective quality management systems, sound environmental practices, and a robust safety culture.
To meet these expectations, many businesses have adopted the use of internationally recognized management system standards such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO /TS 16949, AS 9100, ISO 22000, OHSAS 18001 and others. These systems have in most cases been established and implemented as stand alone programs, and companies soon find that they have two, three, or more management systems to maintain, with each one being allocated separate management, administrative and operational resources.
Organizations that have more than one formal management system will benefit significantly by merging all their systems into one 'business management' system, where the quality (QMS), environmental (EMS), occupational health & safety (OH&SMS), and any sector specific management systems are fully harmonized, and work seamlessly in conjunction with the business planning, HR, finance, procurement, administration, operations, audit, management review and other systems.
Benefits of an Integrated Management Systems
Integrating the management systems can provide significant advantages to organisations, and some of these are listed here:
You Can Rely on QMI - SAI Global's Industry Knowledge and Experience
- Facilitating better decision making by providing a more complete view of the impact of the quality, environmental and occupational health & safety programs on business performance
- Identifying areas where there may be overlapping responsibilities or duplication of effort
- Helping to develop objectives and plans that are not competing or contradictory, and are consistent with business needs
- Allowing better planning and allocation of available resources, leading to improved work flow and operational efficiencies
- Promoting harmonised methods and processes for the overall 'business management' system
- Reducing the amount of documentation, providing all relevant information in one place, resulting in happier employees who are not overwhelmed by multiple cross-references
- Raising awareness of, and promoting the interaction and interrelation of Quality, Environmental, and Health & Safety systems with the company's operational and business processes
- Facilitating the development of coordinated solutions to problems identified in different work areas
- Promoting a more business focused approach to the audit process
- Consolidating audit results for all the management systems.
QMI - SAI Global is the registrar of choice for over 12,000 companies worldwide, and our clients have consistently rewarded us with an overall satisfaction rating of 95% for three years running.
We have an extensive team of competent multi-disciplinary auditors, who are experienced, perceptive, and able to interpret the common and unique requirements of each of the standards properly, and guide you smoothly through the registration process.
Our experience and expertise in auditing multiple management systems seamlessly will ensure that your integrated systems are audited efficiently, following a planned and structured audit track, thereby reducing total audit time. We can also audit partially integrated systems, if that better suits your needs.
With offices strategically located across North America and worldwide, and an auditor base that covers virtually every industry sector, no other registrar is better equipped to help you to help improve your organization's business performance and advance business excellence.
to request a quote for QMI - SAI Global's IMS registration services. Additional questions about integration should be directed to us, at (800) 465-3717.